Monday, May 4, 2009

Booksplosions! Art! Craft! and Musical Space Westerns!

Summer is coming! In one week from today, I will be wrapping up the semester, which means a break from my job as Professor Bloppy Crawtula.*

Time to celebrate! Here are my plans for the weekend:


MAP CRITIC'S RESIDENCY PUBLIC FORUM (More info at MAP's Website)

I am excited to be a participating artist this year, and WYPR's Aaron Henkin is moderating so come listen to us all talk about why it's important to talk about art.


MD FILM FEST (Click for Schedule)

I already have tickets for Stingray Sam (a musical space western from Cory McAbee - who did American Astronaut). I am going to see it on Sunday with my book club after our meeting re: Barry Gifford's Wild at Heart.


I am gonna try to make it to SQUIDFIRE'S SPRING ART MART (Complete list of vendors)
Featuring some of my favorite local crafters including Red Prairie Press, Cotton Monster and Hampden's Puffs and Pastries

*Responsibilities include:
- Listening to the sound of clicking eyelids following my attempts at wit (mostly Brad Neely and Noah Baumbach rip offs).
- Convincing myself that said clicking is a round of applause.

No comments: