Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dorkbot Meeting Last Night



Now that I have finished teaching my Tuesday night classes, I am able to return to my regularly scheduled Dorkbot meetings!

Last night was pretty interesting. You can read all about it on the Dorkbot Site.

In case you're too lazy to click the link above, I will repost my favorite part:

Aaron Oldenburg's Sucky Game


Oldenburg shared some new games he's been creating using UNITY. Aaron's latest game was created in under 48 Hours and was inspired by the verb 'to suck'. The game doesn't suck, except that it does. A lot. (huh?) I'm sure my description of the game will clear things up: You are a white blob that moves, floating through space, by pumping a bellows at your side. As you move, you encounter other white blobs with giant puckered, sucking lips. The goal is to allow the sucking lips to suck something (?) out of you without letting it suck you up entirely. Eventually, the lips either suck so much sparkling ephemera out of you that they explode, or they suck you up and you die. Still confused? Play the game!

No comments: