Monday, October 19, 2009

Wild Things


Dear Internets*,

I am sorry I haven't been around much these past few months. You should know that I think of you well and often.

Since May, I have started a new job walking distance from my house (YAY!) - sometimes duties include wrapping coworkers in aluminum foil (YAY!) - and trying not to be too self aware as I work with a bunch of awesome, brilliant twenty-teen-year-olds (hmmmm...)

As Halloween is rapidly approaching, I have provided you with a sneak preview of my costume (pictured above). What is it, you ask? Here's a hint. I am not the best sew-maker, so I am super proud of myself for buying brown bear fur fabric and turning it into something that looks like a bear head hat! The fact that I look pasty and insane in the photo should not detract from my handiwork.

In related news, I saw Where the Wild Things Are yesterday, and I may be dragging Curt to see it again tonight. It was That Good. I don't care what anyone says about all the hand held cameras and running through the woods, and it not being for kids - it was great. Period.

Insert rant here about how children's stories too often provide glib postulates correlating suffering, dreams, expectations, happiness and love - see film version of Coraline. But Wild Dings don' do dat. There was some amazing line in the movie that I can't remember exactly but the gist was, "Happiness is not a good way to become happy." Which is true! Right? Hmmm.

After the movie, I went thriftin' with Nic S. We found lots of great stuff, thusly maintaining my habit of spending way too much time getting dressed in the morning. A habit which has worsened since my recent fascination with the coolest thirteen year old in the world.

Then, Nic and I have settled on a plan for some kind of strange collaborative creative whip cracking. Stay tuned for updates on this new project.

So that's that. I am not going to promise to write more often, or to be at all interesting or entertaining when I do write, because I know our tenuous relationship couldn't handle the disappointment. Just know that "I'll eat you up I love you so"

Love,

Bloppy Vernisabeth Crawtula


*By "internets" I mean all four of my readers: Nicole, Alicia, Curt, and that random person who left the hateful comment on the Teppei Kaneuji post (if we were still living in the nineties, I would make that cat sound that people used to make back then...)

1 comment:

nicole said...

i started reading the coolest thirteen year old in the world's blog. she makes me want to spend more time getting dressed in the morning too. she's awesome! maybe i'll wear one of my weirdo skirts i bought tomorrow.

we need to talk about our collaboration!